The 37th Annual SoCal Story Swap Festival is hosted by Inland Valley Storytellers!
Saturday May 6, 2023 from 9:30 AM to 4:30 PM at the Claremont Friends Meetinghouse (727 West Harrison Avenue, Claremont, CA) is the 37th Annual Southern California Story Swap Festival. Registration starts at 9:00 AM. This is the annual gathering of all of the storytelling groups in Southern California. There are workshops, small group story swaps, food, 60 second stories, and a closing concert which starts at 2:30 PM with a representative from each storytelling group telling a story. Admission is $20 for all day if mailed by April 22, $25 thereafter. Payment is accepted by either check or Zelle.
To get the early registration discount you will need to download the registration form and mail the registration form with the $20 (or Zelle payment) to:
John St. Clair (firstname.lastname@example.org)
1161 West 5th Street
Ontario, CA 91762
Make checks payable to Inland Valley Storytellers
Instructions for payment via Zelle are on the registration form.
- 9:00 Registration and refreshments
- 9:30 Welcome and explanation of the day’s events
- 9:45 Small Group Story Swaps
- 11:00 Workshops – choose one of the two workshops to attend
- True Thomas – “Storytelling Tools- Time to sharpen, shine, and get back in the game!”
- Michael D. McCarty – “TITILATING TOOLS FOR TEACHING & TELLING”
- 12:30 Lunch provided – no eating in the main meeting room
- 1:30 Reports from the storytelling group leaders
- 2:00 One Minute Stories
- 2:30 Closing concert
- 4:15 Choosing next year’s host and goodbyes until next year
I’ll be in the end of the day storytelling concert at 2:30. If you only want to be entertained by listening to stories, it will be a $10 donation at the door.