Dan Harmon’s Story Circle is quite simple, yet very intriguing. Your story starts from 12 o’clock position, going clockwise.
- You (a character is in a zone of comfort)
- Need (but they want something)
- Go (they enter an unfamiliar situation)
- Search (adapt to it)
- Find (find what they wanted)
- Take (pay its price)
- Return (and go back to where they started)
- Change (now capable of change)
Try to see if your favorite movie or book applies to this pattern!
Reference: Story Structure 104: The Juicy Details